We’re Here When You Need 24/7 Emergency Bat Removal Services
Here at Bat Removal & Prevention, we know that when you have a bat issue, you can’t exactly wait for business hours. Day or night, there’s never a good time to have a bat flying around in your house. That’s why we offer emergency 24/7 bat removal services to our neighbors all throughout the state of Michigan. No matter when you discover your bat problem, we’ll work to quickly assist with removal.
Some Bat Removal Tips You Can Try Yourself
In the event that you discover a bat in your home and you want to attempt self-removal, here are some tips.
If the bat is roosting:
- Put gloves on. Rubber cleaning or dishwashing gloves will do.
- Get a bowl or a box and a piece of cardboard.
- Approach the bat slowly.
- Place the bowl or box over the bat.
- Slide the piece of cardboard between the wall at the bat, trapping it inside of the bowl or box.
- Keep the cardboard secured over the bowl or box, while still allowing air in for the bat.
- If you come into contact with the bat or are bitten, call your local health department for information on the local protocol for testing the bat for rabies. If not, take the bat outside and release it.
If the bat is flying:
- Try to confine it to one area.
- Open the doors and windows and give the bat time to use its echolocation to find its way out of the home. Using a plastic lid or bed sheet to guide them can also be helpful.
- Maintain visual contact with the bat and the open doors and windows to witness the bat leaving your home. As soon as it exits, close the door or window and let out a big sigh.
- If you lose visual contact with the bat or you can’t seem to find it, keep the windows and doors open but close off the room they were last seen in. They often hide in window treatments, under lamp shades, under tables, or in other darker, cooler places if they can’t find their way out.
- Give us a call to schedule a home inspection so we can pinpoint how the bat got in (and remove it if it’s still in the home) and identify what needs to be done to prevent future problems.
Want Fast, Stress-Free Bat Removal? Give Us A Call
While you can always give bat removal a go yourself, it’s highly recommended that you have a licensed and trained Michigan bat removal and wildlife control professional handle and remove any and all wildlife. For fast, stress-free bat removal services, give us a call at 248-403-8167. We’ll send a licensed and certified professional with years of experience and expert equipment and techniques to your home ASAP.
Once we arrive, you can put your worries to rest and trust we’ll have the bat out in no time. It is illegal to kill a bat in the state of Michigan, and we never use poison or inhumane bat removal techniques. We perform humane, live bat relocation services and will release bats at designated release locations.
Whether the bat flew in through an open door or window or you aren’t sure how the bat made its way into your home, we can help. We’ll take a look at your specific situation and let you know what we recommend for preventing bat problems in the future.
1097 S Lapeer Rd Suite A, Oxford, MI, 48371
DNR permit for wildlife control and removal